Leather bags can be an excellent investment if they are well-maintained. They will last many years if properly cared for. There are specific ways to clean your leather bags, just like other materials. This will ensure that they look as good as the day you bought them.
Why is it essential to keep genuine leather clean?
Bags and purses are perfect for genuine leather because of their beautiful natural characteristics. Without regular cleaning, dirt and grime can build up on the surface of the leather, causing long-term damage.
Dirt and grime from day to day can damage your bag. It can cause the bag to lose its sheen, and it will also make it look duller.
Learning how to clean leather purses and bags properly is essential for hygienic reasons. As bags are items we handle and use regularly, they must be adequately cleaned.
Cleaning Stains from a Real Leather Purse or Bag
Leather should be cleaned as soon as possible to prevent stains and spills from setting. Use a dampened cloth and mild leather cleaners to dab the stains gently. When cleaning leather, you should avoid rubbing it too hard.
How to Clean Leather Bags & Purses Step by Step
Cleaning leather purses and bags is simple and does not require expensive cleaning products or tools.
STEP 1: Prepare for Cleaning
You only need a clean cloth, some Leather Cream, and water.
Please test a small amount of leather conditioner before applying it to your bag. This will ensure that it doesn’t harm the leather.
STEP 2: CLEANING THE SURFACE
Use a microfiber cloth with a soft texture to wipe the bag’s surface, removing loose dirt or dust. Avoid anything abrasive, as it may damage the leather.
STEP 3 – CLEANING LEATHER BAG
Wipe the bag with a soft, damp cloth. Never use harsh chemicals or stiff brushes on the fabric.
If you clean the bag, ensure it doesn’t become too wet. Leather is not waterproof, even the best quality leather.
STEP 4: Drying
Genuine leather bags should be allowed to air dry. Heaters and radiators can cause leather bags to lose shape.
Select a well-ventilated place away from direct sunlight or unnatural heat sources.
STEP 5: LEATHER CARE
After your bag has dried and you have tested the conditioner in a small section of the fabric, it is time to brighten the material with a hydrating cream.
Use a clean, soft cloth to apply a small amount. Then, massage the conditioner all over your bag to restore the shine.
What to do and what not to do when cleaning leather bags
- Dust leather bags regularly with a soft, dry cloth to avoid dust accumulation.
- To prevent permanent staining, clean up spills and stains immediately.
- Use leather cleaners that are specifically designed for leather.
- Test any cleaning product in a small area that is not visible before using it on the whole bag.
- When not in use, store your leather bags somewhere cool and dry. Place them in a pillowcase or dust bag to protect them if possible.
- Avoid harsh chemicals, solvents, or abrasive cleaning agents that could strip the leather of its natural oils.
- Avoid exposing your leather bags to direct sunlight and extreme heat. This can cause them to fade, crack, and dry out.
- Avoid soaking or immersing your leather bags. Excessive moisture can cause the leather to deform and discolor.
- Avoid using harsh materials or scrubbing the leather.
- Regular conditioning is essential to maintain the leather’s suppleness. It also prevents the leather from drying out.
The 6 Best Leather Bags for Easy Cleaning
When properly maintained, some leathers are easier to clean. High-quality leathers, such as top-grain or full-grain leather, will last longer than inferior alternatives.
We’ve selected 6 of our favorite authentic leather accessories and bags that are easy to clean.
- Retro is a charming and popular leather bag that has a vintage appeal. It is made from full-grain premium buffalo leather and offers style and durability. Your laptop or tablet is well protected with a padded pouch.
- The Prime is an excellent example of balancing luxury and functionality. This elegant actual leather bag is easy to clean and very functional.
- The Brief is the ultimate in timeless sophistication and style, making it a perfect fit for today’s professionals.
- This bag is designed to look professional and offers everything you need during the work week. It is designed with the modern working man’s needs in mind. It has space for a computer, and the simple design allows it to be easily cleaned to maintain its professional appearance.
- Wallets are one of the few items people take everywhere with them. They are subjected to a fair amount of dirt and grime every day. If you want to have a wallet last for a long time, choosing a material that is easily cleaned is essential. The Bifold is a long-lasting luxury leather wallet.
- The Sling is an elegant and relaxed leather bag, perfect for adventurers. The Sling is a stylish leather bag with plenty of storage for your phone and wallet. Its minimal design also makes it easy to maintain and clean. This is the perfect accessory to complete any look.
- Alba is a small, stylish carry. The bag is perfect for everyday use and has enough room to carry all the essentials. This compact leather bag is easy to maintain and modern.